Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Place to Be....

was our house, tonight...for an NFL football game that we were ASKED to record so the guys could come over to watch it after they played their own game of football!  Well...did you know that if you keep recorded things on your DVR it runs out of space???  Who knew???  Not me apparently...in my attempts to be super wife I was so proud of the fact that I even remembered to record the game at all.  So, we had a house full of guys and a few girls, snacks, pizza....and only half of a football game!  OOPS!  I learned my lesson and we have proceeded to delete some things off of our DVR list!  Some lessons are only learned the hard way!

So after we watched the first half, did they stay over for the good conversation?  NO....they left to go to another person's house who had the game recorded.  Michael stayed here so that was nice!  ;)...and I get to go to bed earlier!  Haha!

Some highlights of our Christmas/New Years/and 2009 so far...

*Christmas was wonderful.  My parents had a great visit and we enjoyed their company!  They gave me their China from their own wedding for Christmas.  This is soooo special!

*We traveled to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl and aside from the outcome, we had a great time!  We loved staying with our sweet friends George and Mandy.  We were able to see some precious college friends!  It was a blast!

*Tyson and Melissa came to San Antonio and visited our house!  I love that family!

*Michael's parents got us a gift certificate to a bed and breakfast.  We can't wait to use it!  

*I saw Bride Wars, which I think is a super cute chick flick...Warning:  do not take your guy or any guy with you to see this!  They will be sighing and grumbling the whole time!  I didn't take Michael, but I can only imagine his attitude if he had to sit through that movie!  Girls...go see it for sure!  Thanks for the invite Megan!  

*We were in bed at 11 on New Year's...but we celebrated with New York!  

*One of my goals this year is to memorize a verse a week!  I have been really lazy about scripture memory.  Thankfully, I have the help of 2 girlfriends...we are in this together!

*My brother is somewhere between Iraq and the US as I type this.  He's coming home for his R&R!  I am so proud of him and so thankful for his sacrifice for our country!

It's going to be a great year!!!

No comments: