Monday, August 11, 2008

Plans...

change!  Michael and I are continuing to learn that the Lord has a plan for us and that He will bring that plan into fruition.  We have to live in faith, take some scary steps sometimes, and trust Him with our lives!  Sometimes this is easier said than done....right?

Last week we were supposed to close on our very first home!  We were so excited and I had already started to decorate the house in my mind!  :)  I'll spare you all of the crazy details, but we had to back out of this today.  The closing was moved to this week because they builders had not fixed anything from our inspection report.  It was like pulling teeth to try to get some of the things our inspector found fixed.  They would not provide a list of what they fixed.  They lied and told us the house was ready....without a functioning toilet downstairs, with no seals on the windows and doors, with no ladder to get into the attic, with a dishwasher that was loose in its place....and the list goes on and on.  Anyway, after being lied to and treated really poorly by the builders, Michael had to make the decision that he felt was best for us as a family.  I have to admit, I was not so supportive at first because of the emotional attachment part.....but I now realize that there must be something else for us.  So, we will continue to house hunt and pray for God's leading.

So, for my update...to those of you wondering if we are moving soon....we are not buying the house!  I'll keep you updated as God does His thing!

2 comments:

Keith Roberson said...

oohhhh...that definitely sounded shady! good choice to back out. we went through all of this very same stuff 5 months ago and now we LOVE our house...it's the perfect one for us! you'll be saying that soon. :)

Keith Roberson said...

that was me, magen, by the way. not keith. :)