Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Warning....this will be mushy!!!!!


Sunday, July 20th was my husband's birthday!  He turned 25...I know...youngen!!!  I always remind him that I was already sitting up on my own maybe even crawling when he was born!  :)  Anyway, I wanted to use this post to talk about my hubby!  I am so thankful that 25 years ago the Lord brought him into this world!  As I listen to his mom talk about how big of a surprise he was being 8 and 10 years behind his sisters, I just grin inside because we all know it was no surprise to the Lord.  What's even more amazing to me is that before he was even born the Lord knew he would be my life partner.  It reminds me of the sovereignty and goodness of the Lord!  I am going to attempt to express my gratefulness for Michael in words, knowing that words will never do him justice!  

I am thankful for my husband because:
~He is a student of the Word!  He loves the Word of God and he is studying it all the time!  He challenges me in so many ways!
~He is an amazing teacher/preacher!  He has such a gift and the Lord has really used him in my life and so many others!
~He is a leader.  I love that I can trust him and his leadership of our family.  
~He still opens the car door for me every single time we go somewhere!  :)
~He works hard as a teacher and coach!
~He is a man who stands by his convictions.
~He has been an encourager, supporter, and best friend.
~He is sensitive to the Lord's leading and is so obedient, even when it's hard.

These are only a few reasons, and I could really go on and on!  I love him so much and am so blessed by him.  Having him as my husband is a huge reminder of the grace of the Lord on my life!  I am so thankful for his 25 years of life that the Lord has used to mold him into who he is now.  I look forward to the next 25 and can't wait to see what God has in store for us!  Happy Birthday baby!  I love you so much!

3 comments:

George said...

Not mushy at all...I think Michael's pretty cool too. He's never opened the door for ME or anything, but whatever.

Emily Suzanne said...

Hi Melanie, I know you don't know me, but I read through your blog real quick and saw you are off the pill and trying to get pregnant. I'm just encouraging you not to worry (although I know you're telling yourself that)... with our first, I was off the pill for about a year, then finally went to the doctor, got scared (I actually hadn't thought much about it that whole year), then got pregnant the month after that.
Really just waiting on God's timing with it all... which, of course, is always so perfect!
He's definitely got you in his hands! :)
Oh... I saw you live in San Antonio... and we moved here a couple months ago from Amarillo...found you through Megan Cherry... just lookin' for people here :)

Emily Suzanne said...

I would love to get together anytime! my email is sims_emily@yahoo.com
You can email me and we can work out details if you want.
Megan and I have been trying to connect for a few months, but things just keep popping up! We mostly know each other online. :)
I'm close friends with some girls she went to college with who live in Amarillo (where we moved from)