Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thanks to Megan...


Here's a recent pic of Michael and I after I had about 4 or 5 inches cut off of my hair!  

So at dinner last night Megan told me I should post because it's been a long time!  I decided to take her advice!  Life is good with the McCracken's!  We enjoyed having spring break to rest.  It's nice that both of us teach because we  get the same holidays together!  We slept in, relaxed, did a little (but not enough) cleaning out, and then we celebrated every night with our church family leading up to Easter Sunday.  I definitely think all professionals should have a spring break like teachers do!  I won't go so far to say that it's the reason I teach...but it sure makes the long hard days easier!  
Here is a fun first grade story!...The week before spring break I was teaching my reading groups and we were reading a story about a little girl who wanted to read.  She kept having to move rooms in the house because there was noise in each room.  The story didn't say what the noise was so the kids had to infer from the pictures.  She had to leave her room because her baby brother was screaming in the background, then the story shows her at the kitchen table.  In the background, her dad is using a blender.  I asked my reading group, "Why do you think she can't read in the kitchen?"  Without skipping a beat, with great confidence, a little girl spoke up and said, "because her dad's making a margarita!"  She later told us that margaritas are adult drinks that they drink when they are annoyed with their kids!  :)  Fun times teaching  first grade!  

Easter was wonderful.  Our church met at a movie theater and we had between 75 and 80 people attend. One lady gave her life to Christ that day!  It was a really fun celebration of our Savior who lives!  What a sweet gift it is to have life in Him!  
Sorry my thoughts have been random and jumbled, but I guess this is what happens when I have almost a months worth of "no blogging" in my mind!  In case you are wondering....my puppy is behaving better with me now!  ;)  Until next time...it will not be as long!

4 comments:

Meg said...

hi mel! Ronnie and I had fun with you guys last weekend! Keep up the posting! Happy Writing!

Christina said...

Hey Mel,
I have a question about how to do some things on this blogger. Do you know how to make your own background/layout or get a new one that isn't one of their generic ones? Also, how did you post that picture in your blog? :o)

Ali said...

I know what you mean about the breaks...I LIVE for Summer! I always get to the end of a school year, completely exhausted and thinking I want a career change, and then I have summer break and still receive a paycheck in the mail as I water ski in Arkansas or layout by the pool, I think to myself, I can teach for one more year!

Anonymous said...

Hey Melanie! Your hair is so pretty like that. Glad you updated!