Monday, December 7, 2009

Hope and Rest

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." Psalm 62:5

The word for hope used in the Old Testament was painting the picture of a shepherd tending his flocks looking for water. The word referred to a reservoir of water. A reservoir...more than enough water...not just a pond or a small lake....enough....more than enough!

The word for hope used in the New Testament means constant expectation for something good! "My hope comes from Him." He is my reservoir of water...more than enough. I will wait in constant expectation for something good. Oh, Jesus, thanks for reminding me of this truth about You.

No comments: