Friday, July 3, 2009

Joy of Summer!

I love summer!  We are having a great time off!  Last week we took a trip to Lubbock.  We hadn't been back since we moved 3 years ago...crazy, I know!  We stayed with Michael's aunt and uncle and had an amazing time hanging out with Job, Janis, Jeff, and Jennifer!  Thanks Buschmans for a great week!  :)   We also were able to meet Mailey Williams!  She is adorable.  Her mom, Melissa discipled me all through college and it was so amazing to be back in their home hanging out!  Thanks for letting me hang out with you and your family!  On Tuesday night, we were able to have dinner with some sweet friends at Buns Over Texas.  We so enjoyed getting to see Tim, Kailee, Jake, Amanda, Coby, Jennifer, and meet baby Camren!  We left Lubbock so refreshed.  We have so many sweet memories there and it was fun to revisit those memories.  

On Monday Michael and I are flying to New York!  Michael surprised me early for our 4th wedding anniversary with a trip to New York.  It has been my dream to go there!  We are sooo excited!  We know for sure we are going to a Yankees game and to see Wicked on Broadway.  Those are the only things we've bought tickets for and planned so far!  If you have any "must dos" to share with me, please do!  I know it's a huge city and we won't be able to accomplish everything in just 5 days!  Any pointers you may have would be so appreciated!  I will definitely blog about the trip when we get back (with pictures).  This is going to be a much needed get away.  I feel like I'm going on my 2nd honeymoon!  :)  

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and trying to stay cool!  It's so hot!  

4 comments:

mark said...

Hey guys. Sad we weren't still in Lubbock to see you guys. So excited for you guys to go to New York. Stephanie and I loved it. Here's some of our favorite things:

1) Take the subway to Brooklyn, eat some pizza and walk back across to New York on the Brooklyn bridge (summer heat permitting)
2) Central Park of course. We did the little guys that pull you in a cart and tell you history of the park. A little pricey but worth it in July. We also ate at the Boathouse in Central Park.
3) We did a dinner cruise around the island on World Yacht. Food wasn't exactly five star, but it was good and it was a great experience overall
4)We didn't eat there, but if you want a glamorous (and expensive) meal The River Cafe just under the Brooklyn bridge has great food and spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline.

I could go on, but that's probably enough. Wicked was great as well. I'm sure you'll love it. Have Fun!

Unknown said...

SAD THAT WE MISSED YOU GUYS. I OFTEN WONDER WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU GUYS AND WISH BIG DREAMS FOR YOU TWO. CRACK - MISS THE FUN TIMES IN THE HOUSE. HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY!

Melissa said...

We looooved haging out with you both! Made me so sad to see you leave...and I know God has such big things in store for you. I am praying for you, your ministry, and your future. We love you so much and hope your 2nd honeymoon is fantastic! You better remember to take pictures, lady! Love you!

Ali said...

How was Wicked?!