Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Where have I been?

Hey!  I am officially terrible at updating this thing!  For all of you that wait and wait and check to see if I've blogged....I am very sorry!  ;)  Michael and I are really enjoying our summer.  It is really nice to have a break from the school setting!  Michael is golfing and studying to take some tests for his CDL.  (that's a bus driver's license that he has to have as a coach!...and yes they have to parallel park that huge yellow bus!)  I am working part time at my mother-in-law's office at Mass Mutual.  I feel like a teenager in the office filing and putting together folders!  I've already been told by one older man, "You're married!  You look like you're 13!"  To that I think...really?...13?  Ouch!  I was at least hoping for 16 or 17.  I know though, I'll appreciate it later when I'm 40 and still look 30...that's what people tell me anyway!  I am also tutoring two kids this summer.  

Michael's sister Julie moved to San Antonio a few weeks ago with her husband and two kids.  We have spend almost every day with them!  We are being so spoiled to get so much time with our niece and nephew!

Michael and I are house hunting and we go back and forth deciding if we're ready to buy a house or not!  Does anyone else have trouble making big decisions like that too?!  We've realized that buying a home that is just being built would be better financially for us because we would have incentives from the builders and not have to put as much down.  Anyway...all this to say...any house buying advice that you may have to offer would be great!!!

Last week we went to Wichita Falls for Michael's granddad's funeral.  He passed away on Father's Day and was able to spend Father's Day in Heaven!  He was a Godly man and passed down so much to his children and his children's children.  I pray that I can impact generations for Christ the way He did.  On our way to WF we were able to stop for lunch in Stephenville and spend some time with our dear friends Amy and Nick!  I got to meet sweet baby Daniel who is adorable!  Thanks for meeting up with us Coopers!  We love you!

This week we are heading to St. Louis to go to a wedding.  It will be nice to get away and get to know this family that Michael loves better.  They are a family that he has known his entire life.  Since he moved so much, there aren't many like that in his life...so this is really important to him.  I am really excited about the trip.  

I guess I can get this out in the open now.  I have been off of "the pill" for like 9 months now and am not pregnant.  I have a doctor's appt. on July 3rd to make sure everything is ok.  Please pray for us in this adventure.  We know that God's timing is perfect so we are holding on to that truth!  We are anxious so pray that He will be our peace and that we will not be anxious, but be prayerful!

In a nutshell...that's what's cracken with us right now!  We can't believe we have lived in San Antonio for 2 years!  We look back and are in awe of the things God has done and is continuing to do here!  We love it!  We definitely have our moments of missing Lubbock and our lives there...but we have really great memories!  It is fun living in a place that you feel you have been called to...and having a peace that this is right where we are supposed to be!  Until next time...I will update after the wedding and post some pics!

3 comments:

Meg said...

I didn't know you were completely off the pill! Keep me updated about your doctor appointment!

Sorry I haven't called you back, too! Ronnie and I want to hang out next week for sure. Call us when you guys get back in town. Have fun in St. Louis!

Jennifer-Colley said...

I have been praying for you and thinking of you. Please let me know how the appointment is. I completely understand what you are going through. Love ya girl!

Ali said...

Please call me and let me know how it went. I love you!