Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lately

So, I haven't blogged lately.  What else is new!  This is harder than I thought it would be!  Anyway, just to give you an update from my last post that was asking for prayer...my dad, who is an alcoholic, just lost his job.  I'm not sure what he is going to do now.  That is why I ask for prayer.  Pray for him and that he will come to a place of brokenness before the Lord.  Pray that he will be set free from these chains that are controlling everything in his life.  Pray for strength for my mom, who is still deciding to stand by him.  That's really all I can say about this...it has been going on so long.  I think I might be getting numb and I honestly can't decide if that's a good thing or not.  I'll keep you posted on that situation.  
In spite of all that, we have had a really great May so far!  Some highlights for us have been:
  • The Spurs playoff game with Megan and Ronnie!  We had so much fun and Megan and I looked super cool with our binoculars!  
  • We were able to go to Houston to see our niece play T-Ball! (and see the Astro's player Lance Berkman whose daughter is on Grace's team)
  • My brother and his wife welcomed their second baby.  Claire Marie was born on May 10th.  
  • We went to Killeen to meet Claire and say good-bye to my brother who deploys the beginning of June.
  •  Signed up to run a marathon (Michael) and half-marathon (me) in November!  We start our training program in June.  This will be quite the challenge for me considering our first run resulted in two cars stopping on the shoulder of the road to bring water!...and one ended up taking us home!  :)
  • We get to count down the days to summer and now it's in the single-digits!  9 more to go!
God is good, faithful, unchanging, full of grace, and brings so much joy to our lives every day!!

4 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

Wow. What a hard situation with your family...you are one strong girl. I commend you for your strength and your ability to seek the Lord though trials. You know the testing of your faith develops perseverance, character and hope. Hope does NOT disappoint!!!

p.s you look fabulous!

Meg said...

I LOVE when you blog! I want to hear the whole story about you and Michael running!

Again, I'm sorry about your dad losing his job. Know that we've have been praying for you and Micheal. Even though I know you are hurting for your fmaily, you still remine strong and hopefully.

Ali said...

Thanks for the update Mel! I miss you tons. Please come see us this summer, maybe the 4 of us can go to an Astros game! :) Can't wait to live closer, Love ya, Ali

Magen said...

Thanks, Melanie! I love it, too. It turned out just as I had hoped it would.

Sorry to read about the challenges your family's been facing...seems like this kind of stuff has tested you for years. You have been one to learn faithfulness from...none of it has ever made you bitter or doubt the Lord. I respect you for that.

Have a great day!